Copyright: Siddhartha Banerjee. All material on this blog is protected by copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Stranger

The lane that leads to the sea

the picturesque lane lined with tropical trees,

tourists,

souvenir shops,

and a dozen evening bars playing jazz


I've traveled along the road

traveled towards the evening sky

hanging perplexed beyond the beach

where children played


beyond the sea

beyond reach

in a distant land


I've traveled

I've traveled

the sound of jazz and swinging doors

and nightfall

reminded me of many things


but I was no Lazarus

nor wanted to be


the beach now abandoned

except for the tireless rhythm of the waves

the hungry waves rising up


in the loneliness of the night


and I was no Lazarus

nor wanted to be



2 comments:

Abdullah said...

Beautiful dear!!!

Songs said...

Nice rambling but I hope more full-circled creativity from you..what bout all those short stories?